I'm not sure about the battery life but it's chargeable and that's a good thing.
It has some safety measures built in to make sure you don't burn your house down. If the lighter is left open for longer than 15 seconds pressing the button will not activate the lighter. You will have to close the the top, open it again and then it will work again. The lighter once activated lets out a shrill noise not too unlike the frantic beating of the wings of a mosquito that's bitten a bodybuilder on steroids.
It was a great gift for my husband, he uses is on a daily basis and it works great. Plus it’s definitely an upgrade from your gas station lighter. Easy and fast to charge and the battery last a few days, of course it depends on how often you use it daily. But overall great product and good price.
My husband loves it. Cool gift idea for that techy person in our life
So far so good. Nice cool lighter. Touching the spark when you light the lighter is like getting dazed.